Released: March 23, 2004
From the Manufacturer
Nancy Drew: Double Dare Compilation is a combination of two exciting games in one: Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake.
Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand
A first-person mystery adventure PC game, Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand lets players assume the identity of teenage super-sleuth Nancy Drew as she digs into the theft of a priceless Maya artifact.
You, as Nancy Drew, have taken on a summer intern position as Deputy Curator at the Beech Hill Museum in Washington, D.C. The museum specializes in ancient Maya culture and has just won a heated bidding war for the rights to borrow and display a strange Maya monolith recently excavated in Guatemala. While preparing for the exhibit Nancy learns about Maya culture and artifacts. When a thief nabs a prized piece from the museum, Nancy realizes that the missing artifacts may have more in common than just the thief’s signature scarlet handprint! In Secret of the Scarlet Hand Nancy’s investigation will take her outside the museum walls and into the U.S. capitol where she meets characters at the Mexican Consulate, visits a hospital, and takes the D.C. subway. Will Nancy be able to put the pieces of this ancient puzzle together? Or will the mystery remain entombed forever?
- Journal mode allowing Nancy to review important notes
- Mouse light tool illuminates cursor in darkened areas
- New "circular cursor" navigation for fluid movement in 3D environments
- Multiple environments for the player to search and discover
- Beautifully illustrated and detailed 360-degree 3-D environments
- New immersive puzzles that correlate to Nancy’s job as Deputy Curator
- Museum exhibit and Maya cultural facts woven into game play
- Two difficulty settings, Junior and Senior Detective, both of which offer help by allowing players to phone Nancy’s friends, Ned, Bess, and George.
- Online Hints and Tips message board available at www.herinteractive.com allows players to ask for and share clues and hints with other Nancy Drew fans.
Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
Assume the identity of teenage super-sleuth Nancy Drew as she rushes to help a friend tormented by a fearsome pack of phantom hounds.
A friend’s frantic note sends Nancy on the trail of a mysterious pack of dogs, whose glowing eyes and mournful howls threaten to chase her and her friend away forever. Locals say that the dogs have come back from the grave to protect the secrets of their master, who died long ago and was buried next to his beloved dogs. Players, as Nancy Drew, must use their detective skills to track the history of Mike Malone, the notorious gangster who once lived in the lakeside cabin recently purchased by Nancy’s friend. Are the ghostly legends true, or is there a flesh and blood answer to the dogs’ haunting howls? To solve the case Nancy ventures into the deep, dark woods surrounding the lake. Like a bird dog hot on a scent, she hunts down the history of Moon Lake and its residents in search of clues. Along the way she meets a variety of fascinating characters, all with something to hide.
- In-game journal helps players keep track of clues
- More than 30 activities and puzzles tie directly to storyline and give important clues
- Original high-quality music and sound effects
- Built-in game hints (but only if you want them)
- Great opportunity for collaborative sleuthing with family and friends
- A large cast of diverse and eclectic characters
- New puzzles and activities including bird identification
- Incredibly life-like environments, including extensive outdoor settings
- Enhanced dynamic sound system and real-time lighting effects
- 20+ hours of game play
- "Second Chance" option--no need to start over
- Two difficulty settings, Junior and Senior Detective, so both experienced and new detectives can have fun
- A sense of community where players can get live online hints and tips at www.herinteractive.com, as well as share their own clues with other Nancy Drew players and fans
Nancy Drew: Double Dare Compilation Pack takes you into he world of Nancy Drew, the world's greatest teenage detective! Mysterious ghost dogs, disappearing relics, and mysteries everywhere -- it's all in a day's work, when you become a young super-sleuth. Features Secret Of The Scarlet Hand and Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. Test your thinking skills by solving the challenging quizzes and passing each level
I dare all Nancy Drew fans to take up this fun and very much doable duo. IMHO, Ghost Dogs has a more interesting story line than Secret of the Scarlet Hand, but both games are exciting, if mildly frustrating at times. Hint: use the online message boards for help and you'll have more fun. These two being about the 5th and 6th games made by Her Interactive, the graphics, character voices, story line, and overall script are great improvements over former pc games. I personally have not tried to play this game with my family, but the nature of the game is such that it is very family-friendly. Kids, young adults, and even some daring adult Nancy Drew fans will most likely enjoy both these games, but even if one disappoints, the likelyhood of both failing expectations is low.