Monday, August 13, 2007

When You're Sick of Biology

Do what I do, avoid work like the plague and play on the internet. Er, not during my class though, got it?
Some fun things to read to help you maintain sanity:
The Shamer Chronicles Book 1: The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol. I had the large print version, very sweet. Made me feel like I could read the thing clear across the room. Excellent book, a bit odd for being from a 10 yr old's perspective but decently described.


The Icemark Chronicles Book 1: The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill. Probably one of my favorite fantasy books. Hill writes just enough description and action to keep the story flowing. The princess is more of a distressing damsel than a damsel in distress, though at times she sort of has that role too.

The Icemark Chronicles Book 2: Blade of Fire by Stuart Hill. Not quite as good as the first in the series but still wonderful. Stuart Hill's sense of pacing is lovely. This book focuses on Thirrin's son and his journey. If Hill didn't do pacing so nicely it would have been a drag, but as is, it flows rather well.

No comments: