Picture found on the internet, rights prob belong to Disney.
Summary: Soundtrack to Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
- It took me a while to get into it. I listened to Rey's theme on loop from Youtube for like 2-3 weeks. Listened on spotify to the other tracks, but nothing really stuck.
- Once I finally bought it and reordered the tracks in my prime library, it got a lot better. It's kind of strange that the order makes such a difference, but try the playlist.
- I don't think this is my favorite Star Wars soundtrack, but it might be. It's got nothing as iconic as The Imperial March, but it's still got some gems.
- Rey's Theme, Torn Apart, and March of the Resistance are my favorite tracks.
- Suggested playlist for "best" flow. (Disclaimer, this is completely my opinion, I tried to group songs that sort of went with one another. If I could just listen without knowing a track changed, I kept it.)
Main Title and the attack on the Jakku Village (4/5 stars)
Rey's Theme (5/5 stars) - beautiful, lighthearted, contemplative, and actually one of the few memorable tracks on here
The Scavenger (4/5 stars) - good companion piece but not as good as Rey's Theme
That Girl with the Staff (3/5 stars) - starts out soft, ramps up midway through to lead into a fight or a chase or something
Follow Me (4/5 stars) - soft, again ramps up about halfway through to lead to a chase scene
The Abduction (3.5/5 stars) - full of discordant beats; fits the movie situation but not exactly a soothing theme
Finn's Confession (4/5 stars) - soft, thoughtful
Rey meets BB-8 (4/5 stars) - soft, sweet, but not particular notable
The Starkiller (4/5 stars) - oddly soft, sad, reminiscent of the themes they played behind Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith.
Torn Apart (4.5/5 stars) - interesting, evocative, oddly beautiful
On the Inside (4/5 stars) - I think this is the one where Rey's running around in the base, could be wrong about that. Theme is nice, not quite as good as the ones I've marked favorites, but decent.
I can Fly Anything (4/5 stars) - brash, bold
Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle (4/5 stars) - mix of dark and lively
March of the Resistance (4.5/5 stars) - Nice, bold, brave, fairly screams, "good guys coming"
The Ways of the Force (3.5/5 stars) - mysterious
The Rathtars! (3.5/5 stars) - some discordant parts but also some pieces very similar to The Falcon
The Falcon (4/5 stars) - Lively
Scherzo for X-Wings (4/5 stars) - totally had to look up what the heck "scherzo" was but this is the score accompanying
X-wings...I think it was during the attack at the end. Lively, reminiscent of the old school themes.
Han and Leia (4/5 stars) - Sweet, sad, definitely sounds like Han's theme
Snoke (3.5/5 stars) - ominous
Maz's Counsel (3.5/5 stars) - nothing particular memorable, it's soft, I guess good for a talking scene, does have a small bit that's got a Jedi-like theme. I think it turns most moving when Rey's actually running away from Maz
Farewell and The Trip (4/5 stars) - bittersweet, close to my favorites, but I'd have to add like 5 to the favorites list if I was going to include this one.
The Jedi Steps and Finale (4/5 stars) - beautiful, fit the scene of the movie very nicely
Conclusion: If you give it a chance, you may like it more. Like I said, it took me a couple of weeks warming up to it. But now that I have it, it's worth it.