Friday, August 17, 2007

Comments on Lorien's cd: Waterline

This relatively short cd combines Lorien's amazingly beautiful voice with her haunting lyrics that tell many tales.
For the life of me I can't make heads or tails of Well of Swords. It's probably my 2nd-3rd favorite on the cd. I can't decide whether I like it better than the title track or not. Waterline may edge it out for the small reason of I can hear every word clearly, whereas Well of Swords, I had to look up the lyrics. You can actually hear both of these songs at Lorien's myspace music site. I highly recommend getting the whole cd though, it's reasonably priced and very relaxing music.
My personal favorite is perhaps the shortest song on there: For Love and Beauty. I think it takes all of a minute to play.
Part of this cd's appeal is how beautiful the presentations of death sound as they gently brush one's ears. Highly recommended.

No comments: